Dead On Arrival (DOA) Policy
We always want to take care of our customers and loyal clients. As such, we take extreme measures to ensure that all of our products are properly packaged and shipped with minimal impact to the livestock. But of course, accidents happen sometimes. If the product you received is damaged, incorrect, DOA or defective, we will take it upon us to give you a store credit, or replacement , if possible. In order to meet our guarantee policy, these steps need to be followed:
1. Email [email protected] with a clear picture of the damaged or deceased marine livestock within 24 hours of the delivery time.
2. Do not discard the marine livestock until World of Reef has provided authorization via phone or email.
3. Do not send back the marine livestock unless authorized by World of Reef.
4. No Returns or Refunds on DOA. Store Credit may be issued, if applicable for online orders.
5. Store credit will only be valid for 1 year from issuing date.
We guarantee our fish and products to be delivered in a safe manner (safe and healthy). If any of our specimen(s) are DOA, we require that you notify us the same day of the arrival with a photo verification to [email protected] We will then investigate the issue to rule out any carrier mishaps such as delays, poor handling, or other causes before proceeding with a replacement. All DOA refunds will be in the form of Store Credit - No Exceptions - No Cash Refunds. There is no refund/credit for the cost of shipping due to DOA. This cost is paid to shipping company and cannot be recovered. All Credits will be good for up to 1 year from when they are issued. Credits can be used on any livestock items on our website only. You cannot use your credit on Lighting, Liverock, Dry goods or any of our listings other than on our website.
Live Arrival Guarantee:
To guarantee a timely exchange/store credit you MUST follow the below guidelines:
-You must be present for the First Attempt of Delivery. If you are not home or if you provided us with an improper address and the shipment does not get delivered on the first attempt then our Live Arrival Guarantee is void.
- You must take a photo of the dead speciman before you take it out of the bag if you believe it is dead on arrival. You can also take a photo of it underwater through the glass with white and blue lights on. It is very difficult to tell if a specimen is dead from a photo of it out of water in natural lighting.
- Pictures of the dead specimen in its sealed shipping bag must be forwarded to [email protected] within 2 hours of the package getting delivered to you or the fedex office that the shipment is being held at.